Friday, August 24, 2007

One Month In...

A recap of sorts…

It has been exactly one month since I officially resolved to embark upon a life “cleaning” mission, and so far…

So good.

My diet was easier to start to change than I expected, as resolving to dump unhealthy in favor of fruits and vegetables was a welcome transition. And results aren’t impossible to note – clothes fit better and I flat out feel better. The rare occasion I’ve had a bite or two of bread this past month has left me feeling sluggish even, which indicates to me that I’ve been moving in the proper direction.

A tougher challenge has been making sure my gym/workout regiment stays on track, which isn’t as easy as I’d hoped with a busy and evolving schedule. In month 2 I’ll be pushing that forward a bit, especially given that the one workout I forced myself to keep at as planned and accurately turned into the best workout I’ve had in about a year or so… perhaps more. Signs of life are out there, I can tell.

On the rest of the personal care front, I’ve worked through my antibiotics for my neck, I’ve discovered what’s covered by insurance with my chiropractor(s), and I’ve found a new dentist.

I bought a couch, and maybe some new bed sheets, and some plants to liven up the work and home.

I pitched a project to a producer in L.A. and now owe them a great draft of a script. Emboldened by that push, I put together a pitch package for Marvel Comics and sent that off, as well.

I started managing my finances like a hawk, both on my own and through Expensr. Opened a savings account, started a credit payment plan, and am positioning to invest and more.

My book reading list for the year started to get worked through. I read this:


And this:
And am working on this now:


No comments: