Sunday, August 19, 2007

9 Days Later

My access to updating here was shunted the past week and a half with an increased work schedule and the week-long visit of my family in town from Ohio, yet while I was away playing tour guide and keyboard-less I was still reaping some Renaissance Year benefits.

Since I expect the diet regulations to be the most difficult part of these next 12 months, I can at least find solace in the fact that there are some ever-so-slight noticeable changes. Clothes are starting to feel just a weeeee bit better, and I’m much better-rested. And its funny how you lose the taste for bread when you stop touching it.

Another benefit is that focusing on growth is a terribly awesome excuse for spending a ton of time in Microsoft Excel – creating a training program, for instance, or designing the most pride-inducing spreadsheet I’ve ever seen… a multi-tabbed budget spreadsheet that tracks my financial planning by the penny. I credit that effort with pushing me to do something I have not done since I was about 10 years old – open a savings account. I can track those efforts month by month.

Now I’m on a mad dash to finish the script I pitched to Los Angeles. Interest was present and a script was requested, so I’m tightening and drafting, pushing to get the best damn draft imaginable in the hands of a potential agent.

Next month, I take over the Dominican Republic and install myself as a dictator, crushing opposition beneath my thumb in a despotic fit of rage and power. I’m not kidding. I made a spreadsheet for it and everything.

No comments: